"Children are like wet cement. Whatever falls on them makes an impression."
-Dr. Hiam Ginnot
"Love You Forever" By Robert Munsch


This story touches the hearts of young and old. A story of a parents love and how it crosses generations.







Saturday, May 12, 2012

Relationship Reflection

Relationships are important to me because they are my life line living overseas.  Through my relationships I am able to love and care for the people that mean the most to me whether it is family or my extended family.  These individuals are a support system for me whenever I need to call or ask for help.  It is heartbreaking to build relationships with my extended family as they eventually move, with the military, after three to four years. 
My daughter and I have a wonderful relationship.  Now that she is older we are friends as well.  She knows that we have an open line of communication and can discuss any topic with me.  This relationship has taught me patience and amazing listen skills.  It is because of her that I challenge myself in so many different aspects.  I can always count on her to be there and I likewise for her.  Her relationship is special in that we have grown with each other each and every day since she was born.
For relationships to work you have to care and be able to trust the other individual.  Learning to trust someone is not an easy task.  I’ve trying living by the rule that I will trust until you do something wrong.  I try to enter every relationship with an open mind and heart.

1 comment:

  1. Wanda,

    Its nice that you and your daughter have such a wonderful relationship.
    I understand about trust, going into the homes of my families we both have to share that trust. At the beginning of the school year I am a stranger to them but I try to do the best I can to get them to open up and communicate with myself and our advocates.

    ReplyDelete