"Children are like wet cement. Whatever falls on them makes an impression."
-Dr. Hiam Ginnot
"Love You Forever" By Robert Munsch


This story touches the hearts of young and old. A story of a parents love and how it crosses generations.







Saturday, September 15, 2012

Personal Research Journey


After reading the chapter and working with this week’s assignments, I can honestly say I’m glad my job is not researching.  Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy learning new about new topic that I can help my student’s parents or ideas that I can implement into my classroom.  I am not an analytical person and research is not an area that I am comfortable with completing.  The reading has introduced the process of researching a topic more formally than I was taught in the past (It has been a long time since I took classes).  I thought I knew what was entailed in research, I was mistaken.   I’m open to any suggestion and support that anyone can offer.  I wasn’t intimidated by research until I finished reading chapter 2.  So with that said, I am looking at this course as a challenge that with the strength of the Good Lord I can conquer.

While researching sites for our discussion topic this week I came across the Austrian site and found it to be very informative.  I plan on using it again for future research.  I look forward to sharing and exploring websites with my fellow colleagues during this course.

2 comments:

  1. Wanda,
    I know you will conquer this, we as colleagues need to support each other. What topic have you chosen to research? I would love to hear more about it.
    Millie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Research is very hard. I am also glad that I don't do it for a living. I suppode if I had a passion for it , it would come across easier. When choosing my topic, I put a lot of thought into it. I am going to make sure to emphasize factual information. I think getting enough information and making sure it's factual is the key to good research.

    ReplyDelete